Monday, April 27, 2015

#LoveMe Challenge Day 8

Day 8: Share A Scar



The most painful ones rarely are.
Yes I have plenty of scars.
 They are not me, they do not define me. 
Is is not the scars that have had the biggest impact on me. 
My deepest scars cannot be seen.


Al-Anon has taught me this truth.
 Many of my scares were inflected by the ones I love and some I have exacted myself, 
but they are only reminders. 
They are not today.
Al-Anon is beginning to show me that I am not my past, but I do have to confront it.
By working the steps with a sponsor I am able to heal many of my deepest scars.
They will never leave me completely but they will heal.

"And to carry this message to others"
This is why I believe Al-Anon calls us into service. Whether it is sharing at meetings, leading a topic discussion, going to a group conscious meeting, or sponsoring a newcomer.
Many of our scars are the same. They may not be the same shape or in the same place but the pain that caused the scar is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment